Travel To Melbourne
Book your flights to Melbourne with Business Class Global and prepare for an Antipodean adventure like no other. Melbourne has a host of fantastic attractions and world-famous landmarks. As a coastal city, there are plenty of arts centres, entertainment venues and tours as well as relaxed experiences making Melbourne a popular destination and a must-see city.
Top 5 things to do in Melbourne
- The Royal Botanic Gardens are a relaxing and scenic area to enjoy the Melbourne sunshine; with a lake, old cottages and summer activities, it is easy to spend hours lost in this beautiful and enthralling environment
- The Outer Circle Rail Trail makes use of a disused rail system to form a trek several kilometres long which is flat and easily accessible; you don’t have to walk it all but it gives you the feeling that you are in a secluded area, despite its location in a busy city
- Visit Cook’s Cottage which was Captain Cook’s former home in England, built in 1755. The structure was dismantled brick by brick and brought to Melbourne to be reassembled
- Shop for some souvenirs to take home in the bohemian Brunswick Street area which is a delight of arts and crafts, with independent shops and boutiques offering a range of goods you won’t find elsewhere
- Marvel at numerous artworks at the National Gallery of Victoria in Melbourne which includes both modern and Aboriginal art
Shopping in Melbourne
With bustling shopping centres, sophisticated arcades and fashion-forward boutiques, Melbourne is Australia’s best shopping destination. If you are after high fashion, independent local designers, jewellery, art, or all of the above, the best place to begin your spree is Gertrude Street, Fitzroy.
Gertrude Street is only a short distance from the town centre and has a great selection of quaint cafes, boutiques and popular high-street and luxury brands. Collins Street, Collins Place and Melbourne Central are a few of the other popular indoor shopping centres in Melbourne.
Shopping in Melbourne is not limited to your everyday brands though. If you fancy something a little more unconventional, Flinders Lane and Crossley Street feature vintage shops, home ware, local crafts and dozens of cool galleries. Wherever you decide to shop, you are certain to make good use of Business Class Global’s baggage allowance.
Restaurants in Melbourne
When it comes to dining in Melbourne, this city is brimming with a myriad of fantastic spots to tempt your taste buds. Local favourites complement the hip newcomers, while casual burger joints sit alongside swish restaurants.
Melbourne is a melting pot of cultures, mirrored in its restaurants serving international cuisine– visit Richmond for Vietnamese, Carlton’s ‘Little Italy’, Brunswick for Lebanese and Fitzroy for Spanish, or tuck in to a Szechuan chilli dish in Chinatown.
Nightlife in Melbourne
If you are planning your next holiday in Melbourne, you will find a galaxy of trendy nightspots. Since Melbourne boasts the highest concentration of live music venues in Australia, there is ample opportunity to discover the vibrancy of its nightlife.
Melbourne also boasts Australia’s largest concentration of music venues, where local and international bands host live performances. You may also want to visit the Crown Entertainment Complex, which houses Australia’s largest cinemas, restaurants and designer stores.
Plan your Melbourne holiday
Flight deals to Melbourne are plentiful with Business Class Global’s offers. Flying outside of the summer (December to February) can be more economical when there are fewer tourists. However, if you are after a beach holiday in Melbourne, summer is the best time to visit. Autumn time is still pleasant and warm too.
We recommend that your book your ticket to Melbourne with this in mind, which also allows you to find cheap hotels in Melbourne, although an excellent range of accommodation is available all year.
Book your flights to Melbourne today
If you are ready to book your tickets to Melbourne, take a look at Business Class Global’ popular deals before you do. Whether you book seats in Economy Class, Business Class or First Class, you will be welcomed with the best hospitality before, during and after your flight to Melbourne.