Travel To Ahmedabad
Take one of Business Class Global’ flights to Ahmedabad and get a close look at one of the more prosperous cities in India. The capital of the state of Gujarat will surprise you with its contrasts, with the mystique of its ancient architecture and tradition interwoven into the modern fabric of the cityscape.
Top 5 Things To Do in Ahmedabad
- Visit the Sabarmati Ashram, one of Mahatma Gandhi’s residences where some of the spinning wheels that became the symbol of the Indian struggle are preserved for posterity
- Examine the unique textile collection of the Calico Museum of Textiles, which includes some of the oldest pieces in the country
- See the colossal 15th century Bhadra Fort juxtaposed against the hustle and bustle of the surrounding streets
- Pass through the 260 columns that still support the impressive Jama Masjid mosque in Ahmedabad which dates from 1424
- Enjoy the sunset on an island in Kankaria Lake and the spectacle of colours and sound from its fountain after nightfall
Plan Your Ahmedabad Holiday
The summers in India tend to be particularly hot, so it would be wise to look for flight deals to Ahmedabad during the months from November to March. Although it is high season, it will not be especially difficult to find cheap hotels in Ahmedabad since many tourists opt for Delhi, Kanpur or Mumbai instead. This also means that you’ll have the opportunity to calmly take in the city without all the crowds.
If you decide to book your tickets to Ahmedabad during the winter, you’ll be able to experience a very special event: the International Kite Festival. For three days the sky is alive with a kaleidoscope of colour and, like so many other visitors, you may find it impossible to resist flying your own kite.